EXPERTS SHARE LESSONS ON EMERGENCY HEALTH PRACTICE AND CRISIS LEADERSHIP IN THE TIME OF COVID-19.
The National Resilience Council, in partnership with ARISE Philippines, Zuellig Family Foundation, and Makati Business Club, hosted a webinar on April 3, 2020 entitled “Expert Dialogue on Resilience, Public Health, and Human Security”.
Through informed dialogue, experts presented global and local practices, and early lessons learned on how to effectively contain and mitigate the impact of COVID-19. They also discussed the crisis management, leadership, and organizational capacities needed in order to deliver efficient and effective support to communities and prepare for future recovery.
Theme: Pandemic Frontliners: Health Emergency Practice and Crisis Leadership
- Dr. Manuel Dayrit, former Philippine Secretary of Health and “SARS Czar”. He is an Adjunct Professor and former Dean at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health and Trustee of the Zuellig Family Foundation. He was the World Health Organization’s Director of the Department of Human Resources for Health in Geneva and is one of the most active thought leaders in the fight against COVID-19.
- Dr. Eric Rasmussen, CEO of Infinitum Humanitarian Systems, an international consulting group specializing in the humanitarian sciences. He was selected by Google as the founding CEO of the TED Prize NGO called InSTEDD, focused on infectious disease outbreak detection and response. He is an international authority in disaster medicine and humanitarian informatics.
- Dr. Frank Fuh-Yuan Shih, Attending Physician at the Department of Emergency Medicine at the National Taiwan University Hospital. He is also the COO for the Taipei Region Emergency Operations Center in the Taiwan Department of Health. He is a leading authority in the fields of emergency medicine, disaster medicine, critical care medicine, and biomedical statistics.
- Mr. Edgar Chua, Chairman of Makati Business Club. He is also the Vice Chair for the Private Sector of the National Resilience Council, Trustee of the Zuellig Family Foundation, and President of De La Salle Philippines. He was also the longest-serving Country Chairman for Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation. He is a leading expert in chemical engineering, management, corporate affairs,marketing, and sales.
- Dr. Myrna Cabotaje, Undersecretary for Public Health Services of the Department of Health
- Hon. Jerry Trenas, Mayor of Iloilo City
- Dr. Jaime Almora, President of the National Hospital Association