July 3-6, 2018
- ShangriLa Hotel, Ulaanbaatar: main events
- Best Western Hotel: side events
- Sukhbaatar Square: marketplace/exhibits
AMCDRR: Some Featured Events/ Technical Sessions*
- Strengthening Disaster Resilient Infrastructure & Urban Resilience
- Social Protection & Vulnerability Reduction
- Private Sector Interventions
- Increasing PPP & Investment for DRR
- Early Warning & Early Action
*SND delivered the Ministerial Statement for the Philippines
The AMCDRR 2018 closed on July 6 with the adoption of outcome documents including ‘Asia Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework for DRR 2018-2020’, ‘Ulaanbaatar Declaration’, and ‘Statement of Voluntary Commitment of Stakeholders’. It calls for greater accountability for disaster losses in Asia.
The next AMCDRR will be held in 2010 in Australia.
“The need to continue to build and strengthen resilience of persons, communities and countries and the environment is at the core of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 and the Asia Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework.”– Ulaanbaatar Declaration, AMCDRR, July 3-6, 2018, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia