THEME: Voices from the Frontline: Bayanihan in Action
The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the interdependent systems of the Philippines urge leadership approaches to evolve in order to address the challenges of containment, mitigation, and response. Key decision-makers must work through a whole-of-society approach to ensure the safety and security of communities.
This roundtable discussion will highlight the importance of harmonizing and implementing evidence informed national actions, and establishing a list of priority actions by local government units in close collaboration and alignment with the National Task Force Against COVI-19’s mission and program of implementation.
Join us as we listen to the voices from the frontline, as we draw on the experiences of our local government leaders, build on their practices, align them with the COVID-19 National Action Plan, and explore public-private partnership.
Moderator: Prof. Ernesto D. Garilao, Chairman and President, Zuellig Family Foundation
- Hon. Carlito Galvez, Jr., Chief Implementer, National Task Force Against COVID-19
- Manuel M. Dayrit, MD, MSc, Adjunct Professor and Former Dean, Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
- Hon. Oscar Moreno, Mayor, Cagayan de Oro City
- Hon. Richard Gomez, DPA, Mayor, Ormoc City
- Ambassador Roberto R. Romulo, NRC Convenor
- Hon. Delfin Lorenzana, Secretary of National Defense and NRC Chair for Government
- Antonia Yulo Loyzaga, NRC President
Philippine Situationer and Context-Setting
- Hon. Carlito Galvez, Jr.
- Manuel Dayrit, MD, MSc
- Prof. Ernesto D. Garilao
LGU COVID-19 Responses, Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities
- Mayor Oscar Moreno of Cagayan de Oro City
- Mayor Richard Gomez, DPA of Ormoc City
- Mayor Ronnel Rivera of General Santos City
Reactions to the Speakers’ Presentations
- Mayor Madelaine Alfelor of Iriga City
- Governor Albert Garcia of Bataan Province
- Mayor Isabelle Climaco of Zamboanga City
Statements of Support
- MGen Restituto Padilla, Jr., Spokesperson of the National Task Force Against COVID-19
- Engr. Dexter Lo, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan
- Mr. Sergio Bernal, Jr., Vice President for External and Government Relations, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation
Synthesis and Ways Forward
Prof. Ernesto D. Garilao