EXPERTS SHARE LESSONS ON PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
The National Resilience Council, in partnership with ARISE Philippines, Zuellig Family Foundation, and Makati Business Club, hosted session 2 of its COVID-19 Knowledge Series: Expert Dialogue on Resilience, Public Health, and Human Security on April 17, 2020.
Through informed dialogue, experts presented global and local practices, and early lessons learned on how to effectively contain and mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Theme: Pandemic Public Safety and Security
This session responded to the urgent need for greater science-informed public-private partnership to combat the epidemiology of this disease and its socio-economic impacts. It highlighted the ways by which resilience, public health, safety, and security intersect and how these challenges are met given the specific roles, mandates, and contexts of the panelists. Moreover, it also presented frontliners’ insights that can inform and align strategic operational efforts in support of government containment and mitigation policies and programs.
Panel of international and local experts:
- MGen Restituto Padilla, Jr., National Task Force Against COVID-19
- Dr. Hana Akselrod, Asst. Professor of Medicine at the Division of Infectious Diseases, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Hon. Isabelle “Beng” Climaco, Mayor of Zamboanga City
- Mr. Austere Panadero, Executive Director of Zuellig Family Foundation
- Dr. Carissa “Rizzy” Alejandro, Strategy & External Affairs Head of Ayala Healthcare Holdings, Inc.
- VAdm Alexander Pama, DRR Consultant for NRC and SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
For more information about the COVID-19 Knowledge Series, email [email protected]
MGen Restituto Padilla
National Task Force COVID-19 and the National Action Plan
Dr. Hana Akselrod
Coming Together to Spread Out the Curve: Mobilizing for COVID-19 in Washington, DC
Hon. Isabelle Climaco
COVID-19 Containment and Mitigation: Challenges and Opportunities for Peace and Security in Zamboanga City
Mr. Austere Panadero
Responding to Health and Human Security Risks: Challenges for Local Government Leaders
Dr. Carissa Alejandro
Private Sector Efforts in Containment, Mitigation, and Safety
VAdm Alexander Pama
Synthesis and Ways Forward